Senior Trading Systems Engineer
About the opportunity: As a Senior Trading Systems Engineer, you will be designing and developing high performance market data feeds and futures exchange order gateways in C++ Unix/Linux. To be successful at our firm, this person needs to have solid experience in high performance computing and development in financial markets. The candidate must be a team player with strong listening skills and be willing to learn from other technical resources. We provide an informal atmosphere with strategic and focused outcomes.
Five + years’ experience of C/C++ programming in a Unix/Linux environment
Market Data and Order Management System Experience
Experience with trading applications and frameworksFamiliarity with C++11 a plus
Description: Responsible for the coding, testing, debugging and documentation of trading system infrastructure software applications. Includes hands-on new development as well as enhancement, maintenance and support of existing applications. Work closely with traders and business analysts to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes. Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
–Develop trading systems using C/C++Highly skilled with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience in high performance computing programming
- An understanding of networking and socket programming
- Experience with trading applications and frameworks
– 5+ years C/C++, OOp, STL, Multithreading, Sockets, Internals, High Availability and Shell scripting, all on a Linux platform.
- Knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast.
- Network troubleshooting and networked message processing.
- Development/support of mission critical applications a major plus.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of systems architecture and design concepts.
- Solid with data structures, STL algorithms, C++ templates and some experience with system programming.
- Experience working with open source libraries like Boost and ACE.Experience with relational database integration and SQL.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment.
- Profiling and dynamic program analysis.Solid with data structures, STL algorithms, C++ templates and some experience with system programming.
- Experience working with open source libraries like Boost and ACE.
- Experience with relational database integration and SQL.B.S. in computer science or other science/Engineering degree, higher degree a plus.