About the opportunity:
As a C#/.NET Developer, you will be designing and developing high performance trading applications. To be successful at our firm, this person needs to have solid experience in high performance computing and development in financial markets. The candidate must be a team player with strong listening skills and is willing to learn from other technical resources. We provide an informal atmosphere with strategic and focused outcomes.
3+ yrs experience of C#/.NET programming
3+ yrs developing and supporting real-time trading applications
3+ yrs with messaging systems, object oriented design patterns, multi-threading, and data structures.
Extensive testing experience, experience with version control and agile development concepts
Familiarity with WPF a plus
Description: Responsible for the coding, testing, debugging and documentation of trading system infrastructure software applications. Includes hands-on new development as well as enhancement, maintenance and support of existing applications. Work closely with traders and business analysts to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes. Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
–Develop trading systems using C#/.NET
–Highly skilled with Window operating systems
–Experience in high performance computing programming
– An understanding of networking and socket programming
– Experience with trading applications and frameworks
- 3+ years C#, Multithreading, Sockets
- Knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast.
- Network troubleshooting and networked message processing.
- Development/support of mission critical applications a major plus.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of systems architecture and design concepts.
- Solid with data structures, C# templates, Winform controls
- Experience with relational database integration and SQL.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment.
- Profiling and dynamic program analysis.
-B.S. in computer science or other science/Engineering degree, higher degree a plus.